Friday, April 18, 2008

Taken for Granted

I am currently working on an event with people I don't normally work with. As a result, all the things that normally seem to happen without effort, aren't happening, or happenig with lots of effort. I think I have underestimated the relationships I have built up and the way my team works together so seamlessly. Given another event or two with this new team, I think we would be up and running, but for right now, I have new respect for the people I work with every day.

There is something invaluable and difficult to quanitify that comes from working with the same team week in and week out. I have decided to protect that more; to care about it more; to define reality more.

The other side of this is the chance to be stretched and to learn to work with other people. OK...I guess.

No comments: