Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Like Manna From Heaven

It is interesting to me, in the world of church production, how we live most every day on the razor's edge. Not of technology or even culture, but survival. When we are building teams of people to carry out the amazing work of the technical arts ministry, we are required to live one day at a time.

We recruit new volunteers and fill up our teams with just the right number of people. No more. No less. If we had more people than we needed, then some would potential sit around with nothing to do. And we all know what happens when we don't have enough people. The trouble is, I want to store up people for when we lose team members. I want to have people waiting in the wings to swoop in and fill empty slots, otherwise, I am always dreading the next someone leaving.

I have realized lately that God is wanting to see if I believe that He is able to take care of all my needs. It's His Church, He wants it to grow and reach more and more people. How is it possible that I could care more than He does? Am I capable of being content with what is provided today and let God worry about tomorrow? At any time my ministry could crumble around me and God would still provide. Can I deal with that?

No comments: